Brown Bag Seminars
The Office of the General Counsel is proud to present and educate the Northeastern University community with brown bag seminars. The dates and times of future seminars are TBD. Thank you.
- Entre Nous: Data Privacy Obligations for Faculty and Staff-Tuesday, June 16, 2015, 12pm-1pm
- We all recognize that data privacy is a growing concern in an age of increasing electronic record keeping. This seminar jointly presented by the Office of Information Security and the Office of the General Counsel will provide an overview of the relevant legal provisions relating to personal data privacy, from FERPA to the EU Data Privacy Directive, and the important considerations for collection, storage, use, access, transportation and disposition of personal records.
- Contract Catalyst: How to speed up the contract process-Wednesday, June 18, 2015, 12pm-1pm
- The Office of the General Counsel reviews thousands of proposed agreements annually. While the University continually enhances its review process to promote efficiency, there are a number of steps you can and should take first to speed up the review of your proposed agreement. Any faculty or staff member who is involved with contracts, agreements and transactions should plan to attend. Come to this seminar and learn what steps you can take to have your agreement reviewed and approved as quickly as possible!
- Licensing 201: From the lab bench to the boardroom-Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12pm-1pm
- The number of transactions worldwide involving intellectual property has skyrocketed in the past ten years, as universities work with faculty members to move technologies and discoveries out of the academic lab and into the marketplace. Join Andy Curtin, Director of Intellectual Property and Matt McIntyre of the Office of the General Counsel for a discussion of the various practical legal and business issues in patent, copyright and other intellectual property licensing, including the critical components of license agreements, and how the Center for Research Innovation negotiates these agreements.
2015 PAST BROWN BAG SEMINARS
Office of the General Counsel
360 Huntington Avenue – 378 CP
Boston, Massachusetts 02115