Fraternity and Sorority Life Awards
The Fraternity and Sorority Life Awards for 2012 will be presented on March 28, 2013. For the awards packet, click here. Below is a brief outline of the awards that will be given. To apply for each award please click on the links below. Should you have any questions please contact your council president.
1. Individual Awards (One Award Given per Council)-Due January 20, 2013
- Outstanding FSL Scholar
- Outstanding Man/Woman of the Year
- Outstanding President
- Outstanding New member/Neo of the year
- Outstanding Advisor
2. Chapter Awards- Due February 6, 2013
- Part 1: Achievement – Chapters achieving in the top 50% of their council will be given a certificate of achievement.
- Part 2: Top chapter in each area (One Award Given per Council)
3. Chapter Excellence- Due February 20, 2013
Every chapter will be evaluated in ten different areas (ritual, scholarship, community service, philanthropy, leadership, brotherhood/sisterhood, chapter standards and membership accountability, finance, campus relations, and unity/community) and given awards based on their achievement in all areas. You MUST apply for Chapter Awards in order to be elidgible for Chapter Excellece Awards. There will be three levels of excellence (bronze, silver, and gold). All chapters displaying excellence in these areas will receive awards.
- Bronze Awards- awarded to chapters achieving 70-79 points
- Silver Awards- awarded to chapters achieving 80-89 points
- Gold Awards- awarded to chapters achieving 90 points or more
I. Scholarship- Will be taken from Chapter Awards Submissions
II. Community Service- Will be taken from Chapter Awards Submissions
III. Philanthropy- Will be taken from Chapter Awards Submissions
IV. Leadership- Will be taken from Chapter Awards Submissions
V. Brotherhood/Sisterhood- Will be taken from Chapter Awards Submissions
VI. Campus Relations
Most improved (One Award Given per Council)
Chapter of the year (One Award Given per Council)