How To Apply
Foundation Year Application Timeline:
The Foundation Year application for the 2015-2016 academic year will be posted online in November 2014.
We will be holding a Foundation Year Information Session on November 20 from 6:00-8:00pm at Northeastern University. Room location will be added soon. Students, families, guidance counselors, and mentors are invited to attend.
To be considered for Foundation Year, students must be:
- High school graduates and students holding GED completion certificates who live in Boston
- Motivated and willing to work hard to achieve their goals and earn a college degree
- Willing to commit to a full-time experience
Application Deadline: March 1, 2015
In order to be invited to Interview Day you must have a complete application (online application, submitted transcript, guidance counselor recommendation, teacher recommendation). Attendance at one Interview Day is required to be considered for Foundation Year.
Interview Day #1: February 11, 2015
Interview Day #2: March 11, 2015
- Submit your Foundation Year application
- Submit the following documents by fax or e-mail. It is important for these documents to be addressed "Attention: Foundation Year".
- Official high school transcript(s) and/or GED report
- Teacher evaluation
- Guidance counselor report, including senior year attendance information.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line.
Fax Number: 617.373.8574
In addition to the above requirements, admissions will also conduct a comprehensive review of each applicant’s motivation and commitment to earning a college degree.
For Foundation Year candidates, there are no SATs required and there are no application fees.
Applying to Northeastern University and applying to Foundation Year are separate processes. For information about applying to Northeastern University, visit the Northeastern University Admissions website. Visit Northeastern’s College of Professional Studies for information about applying to their programs.