How To Apply
Foundation Year will be holding an Admissions Information Session on November 3, 2016 at Churchill Hall, Room 103, Northeastern University. Students, families, guidance counselors, advisors, and community-based organizations are invited to attend. Register here for the Information Session.
The Foundation Year application for students applying for the 2017-2018 academic year will be posted online by November 1, 2016.
To be considered for Foundation Year, students must be:
- High school graduates or students holding GED completion certificates who have lived in Boston and attended a Boston school or METCO program a year prior to applying to the program
- Motivated and willing to work hard to achieve their goals and earn a college degree
- Willing to commit to a full-time college course load
The application for the 2017-2018 academic year will open in November 2016.
- Submit your Foundation Year application online
- Attend the mandatory Interview Day
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online
Phone Number: 617.373.5549
In addition to the above requirements, admissions will also conduct a comprehensive review of each applicant’s motivation and commitment to earning a college degree.
For Foundation Year candidates, there are no SATs required and there are no application fees.
Applying to Northeastern University and applying to Foundation Year are separate processes. For information about applying to Northeastern University, visit the Northeastern University Admissions website. Visit Northeastern’s College of Professional Studies for information about applying to their programs.