- Why does Northeastern University use online billing and payment?
- What are online billing and payment?
- How do online billing and payment work?
- How do I authorize a third-party payer?
- How do third-party payers access the accounts for more than one family member at Northeastern University?
- Is the online billing Web site secure?
- How can I make an online payment?
- How do my parents/authorized payers pay the bill?
- Can I pay my online bill with a credit card?
- I do not feel comfortable paying my bill online. What other payment methods are available?
- How do I make a payment via wire transfer?
- Do you accept payments from foreign bank accounts?
- Do I need a certain type of computer, software, or web browser to use the online billing system?
- What are the benefits of online billing and payment?
Northeastern University uses online billing and payment services to provide quick access to billing information and the ability to make payments worldwide 7 days a week. There are no checks, envelopes, or stamps needed to make a payment. Additional benefits include viewable billing and payment history as well as convenient access for authorized third-party payers.
All Northeastern students and authorized third parties, such as parents, guardians, or sponsors, will be able to view tuition and fees bills and make secured payments electronically through our online billing service.
You will be notified at your Northeastern e-mail address whenever an online bill is generated. You should then logon to your myNEU account and click on the "NUPay" link.
If you forward your Northeastern e-mail account, make sure your forwarding address is accurate. If you fail to provide your correct forwarding address, you will not receive an e-mail notification. However, you will still be responsible for all pending charges and late fees, if applicable.
For information on how to allow access to parents or other third parties, please visit: www.northeastern.edu/parents/pdfs/login.pdf.
To request access to additional student records, logon to myNEU, click on the "Services" tab, and then select "Request/Activate Access for Additional Students" and follow the instructions.
Yes. The technical architecture/security of the online billing Web site provides for intrusion detection and firewall systems to protect the network.
You may pay electronically at any time using an electronic check. You may keep your payment method information on the Web site or enter it each time you make an online payment.
Authorized payers will only be able to view their own payment and bank information. Each authorized payer is assigned a separate password for added security and privacy.
Authorized third-party payers can pay tuition and fees bills through the system's online payment feature. Payment method information can be entered through the NUPay service link. Payments will be transferred electronically to Northeastern University. You may keep your bank account information on the Web site or enter it each time you make an online payment.
To ensure security and privacy, each authorized payer is assigned a separate password to access his/her account and payment history. No one else, not even the student, will be able to view a third-party payer's confidential account information.
Authorized payers can also print the payment coupon on the bill and send a check or money order (no cash) made payable to Northeastern University through the mail to the following address:
P.O. Box 981085
Boston, MA 02298-1085
Note: The above address is for payments only.
Credit card payments are accepted for students in the College of Professional Studies (excluding NUin, American Classroom and U.S. Sino Pathways programs) and most graduate programs (excluding 6th year Pharmacy and Physical Therapy programs). Undergraduate Day, School of Law and those students in the exceptions listed above may not use credit or debit cards for tuition and fee related charges.
Note: Credit cards are accepted for non e-bill related payments for all students, for example adding funds to a Husky account, tuition and housing deposits, and MBTA semester pass program, etc.
For answers to most frequently asked questions, please CLICK HERE.
You may send payments by mail or pay in person at the Student Financial Services Office, which is located in 354 Richards Hall. To send a check or money order through the mail print the payment coupon on the bill and send a check or money order (no cash) made payable to Northeastern University through the mail to the following address:
P.O. Box 981085
Boston, MA 02998-1085
Please note that payments should be mailed at least 5-7 business days before the due date to allow for processing and to avoid late charges.
Wire Transfers Payments via wire transfer (in U.S. Dollars) should be made at least 7 days in advance of the due date. Transfers should be made directly to:
Bank of America
100 Federal Street
Boston, MA 02110
Routing Number: 026009593
Account Number: 9429409686
Reference: Northeastern University, student's name and Northeastern ID Number.
Northeastern's online billing system cannot accept payments from foreign bank accounts. If you cannot pay your bill through a bank account in the United States, we recommend wiring the payment. See above for details.
You can access the online billing system from any Macintosh or PC running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 (or newer) or Netscape Navigator 6.0 (or newer).
- The flexibility of viewing your bill electronically 7 days a week from any location via the internet.
- The ability of paying your bill electronically 7 days a week from any location via the internet. Billing information and payments are private and secure.
- The option of authorizing third parties, such as a parent, guardian or sponsor, to view and pay the bill.
- The ability to receive your tuition bills faster-online with e-mail notification.
- The option of viewing all previous online bills and payments.
- The elimination of mail service. No postage required and no risk of post payments.
- The ability to make convenient electronic payments without using paper checks or money orders and with immediate confirmation of an online payment.
- The ability to access and print a pdf of the bill.