Eco Ambassadors are volunteer representatives that promote and encourage sustainable practices within their respective departments through peer-to-peer communication and awareness on campus-wide sustainability efforts. The Eco Ambassador is the go-to person for faculty and staff for sustainability-related questions and issues. The Eco Ambassador is vital to the success of the Green Office Challenge by serving as a liaison to the Green Office Team and promoting a greener campus. Eco Ambassadors meet quarterly with the Green Office Team to share information about campus sustainability practices, challenges, and solutions.
Responsibilities of an Eco Ambassador:
• Attend introduction meeting.
• Liaison to Green Office Team.
• Promote sustainability, encourage others to become certified.
• Respond to any immediate questions/concerns/uncertainty within the department, provide education to those who don’t know what Green Office is.
• Have the opportunity to attend quarterly meetings with any questions, suggestions, etc.
• Collaboration with Green Office for events.