The opening of the East Village Residence Hall added 720 new undergraduate beds to our housing inventory as well as a new, premier event space on the 17th floor. With stunning views of the city, unique architectural details, and capacities ranging from 200 to 324+ in various seating configurations, this event space is a reflection of the beauty and innovation of our campus.
The space can be requested for leadership-level, signature events that showcase Northeastern University or celebrate special events. The staffing and support is framed to maintain the venue in pristine condition and manage production level event staging and technological support. Because of the vertical nature of the facility, additional staffing is needed to manage traffic and support the overall operation.
Many institutions have similar premiere facilities for signature events. We anticipate high demand and priority will be given to those events that are consistent with the vision for the space and its use. We ask that you make your request early and are judicious about the appropriateness of the event planned for space.
Reservation policies and procedures differ from other event space on campus. The reservation policies for this space are as follows:
- Requests for use of the space must have approval from the area’s Senior Vice President prior to being requested
- All requests will then be reviewed by Student Affairs leadership
- All reservations, bookings, and execution of events will be managed through Student Affairs Event Management
- Student Affairs Event Management will assist with the coordination of Facilities and ITS support
- Members of the requestor’s dedicated professional staff must be present for all events
- Flat fee for use of the space: $3,000 for a minimum of 4 hours, with a rate of $150/hr. for every additional hour.
Outline of Booking Process:
1. Requestor fills out the form below and submits
2. Upon hitting “submit” the form is automatically forwarded to Student Affairs leadership for review. Student Affairs leadership will notify requestor of the decision and availability of the space.
3. Once an event has been approved, this short form will be forwarded to Event Management who will contact the event coordinator and coordinate with Facilities/ITS/etc.
Pre-approval form: http://fs19.formsite.com/neuemsa/form100/index.html
For those with any questions about the space, the reservations process or appropriate use of the venue, or interested in a tour of the venue, please contact Adam McGrath at email@example.com.
Click the link below to download reservation and venue information: