John Basl, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Applied Ethics; Philosophy of Science; Epistemology
Elizabeth Bucar, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Religious Studies
- Comparative Religious Ethics; Muslim Ethics; Gender and Sexuality; Material Cultures and Ethics
Daniel Faber, Ph.D.
Professor of Sociology and Director, Environmental Justice Research Collaborative
- Environmental Justice; Political Economy; Social Movements; Globalization
Patricia Illingworth, Ph.D., J.D.
Associate Professor of Philosophy and the College of Business Administration
- Global Justice; Medical Ethics; Business Ethics; Bioethics; Health Policy and Law
Jung Lee, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Religious Studies
- Comparative Religious Ethics; Chinese Religions; Philosophy of Religion
Stephen Nathanson, Ph.D.
Professor of Philosophy
- Social and Political Philosophy; Ethics of War; Economic Justice; Patriotism; The Death Penalty
Ronald Sandler, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Philosophy, Institute Director
- Environmental Ethics; Ethics and Emerging Technologies; Ethical theory
Phil Brown, Ph.D.
University Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Health Sciences; Director, Social Science Environmental Health Research Institute
Student at Northeastern University
- Monica Bhatia is a first year student at Northeastern University majoring in Health Sciences and pursuing a minor in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is a research assistant for Ronald Sandler in the Department of Philosophy and Religion. In the field of ethics, she is especially interested in bioethics as it relates to the health professions. After graduation, she plans to apply to medical school to study obstetrics and gynecology.