Taking one or more of our entrepreneurship and innovation courses positions you for success in IDEA, our student venture accelerator, and securing startup financing from our Investor Network. Knowledge is the power the drives entrepreneurial success.
Types of Courses
We provide courses in three general disciplines:
- Technology Ventures – the business side of starting a company, ranging from venture idea creation, to entrepreneurial marketing, to startup teams, to business modeling, and business plan development. These courses also include a focus on innovation and designing and developing new products and services.
- Next Generation Family Business – following Northeastern’s rich tradition of family business, these courses are taught in a global context and explore issues of growth, succession, and family business finance. Our classes are increasingly attending by the heirs-to-be of rather remarkable family businesses abroad.
- Social Ventures – this is entrepreneurship to help the underprivileged, extended to developing countries around the world through a series of field studies focused on microfinance.
Academic Programs, Degrees, and Certificates
We offer courses and educational programming for undergraduate students, graduate students, Northeastern alumni, and members of our community.
- Undergraduate programs
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation concentration
- Global Social Entrepreneurship Interdisciplinary Minor
- Entrepreneurship minor
- Honors Entrepreneurship Track: honors sections for Entrepreneurial Thinking (ENTR 3310) and Innovation! (ENTR2301)
- Innovation! (ENTR 2301) - a single course that satisfies the second year elective University Core requirement for any student outside the business school
- Graduate programs
- Masters in Technological Entrepreneurship
- Masters in Innovation
- Lab to Ventures
- Certificate in Technological Entrepreneurship
- Startup Bootcamps
- Alumni Startup Bootcamp
- Veterans Bootcamp