Shortly after they started dating in 2010, Robert Dalton and his wife Nicole had a dinner to remember. What began as a romantic meal for two ended in a trip to the emergency room after Dalton’s meal was cross-contaminated with nuts. He is deathly allergic to peanuts and tree nuts and went into anaphylactic shock.
Dalton, a 2007 graduate of Northeastern with a bachelor’s degree in history, would be OK following the scare. But the experience started a conversation between he and Nicole about what kinds of foods were available to people with allergies.
Read the full article →
Originally appeared in News@Northeastern on October 1, 2013