Bootcamps on Saturdays in 050 Dodge Hall
Do you have an idea that could change the world? Whether it’s a new online pet rental service, bathroom cleaning robot, or the next cure for smelly feet, the Husky Startup Challenge (HSC) is here to help turn your idea into a company. Through a series of bootcamps, workshops, networking events, and a final Demo Day participants will get support to finish the program with a functioning business and plans to grow.
Bootcamp dates (from 11am – 2pm):
- February 3rd – Value Prop and Competitor Analysis
- February 10th – Market Research and Customer Validation
- February 17th – Prototyping
- February 24th – Go-to-market strategy & intro to pitching
- April 9th – Pitching
- April 11 – Demo Day
Demo Day: April 9, 2018
“A Celebration of Northeastern Student Entrepreneurship”
Demo Day is the culmination of a series of ideation sessions and bootcamps positioned to jump start any student’s concept into a company. Ventures pitch to an audience of their peers, faculty members, investors and industry professionals and is comprised of two parts.
1) Tabling: students set up a table with information about their companies and talk with attendees about their product and the work they did throughout the semester.
2) Pitching: students then complete a 2 minute pitch in front of 300+ attendees.
For Photos of last year’s Demo Day, click here.
Don’t forget to register for this semester’s Demo Day here.
The Husky Startup Challenge is open to all students at Northeastern. Attendance to the boot camps and networking events is critical to the success of your venture so be sure you keep those dates open. Participation is absolutely free of cost and pizza is provided.
Get involved this Spring by emailing the team! firstname.lastname@example.org.