The best way to get involved in entrepreneurship is to jump right in and join a startup. Below is a selection of several internship, co-op and full time job opportunities offered to NU Entrepreneurs club members. Please contact us if you would like to inquire about posting a great job for our members.
Brand Account Manager
- Propose and spearhead projects focused on empowering brands to help their retailers’ online marketing through Promoboxx.
- Research, pitch, and write blog posts positioning Promoboxx as a thought leader.
- Assist brand clients by optimizing their campaigns and promotion channels.
- Develop training materials that help brand clients better use the Promoboxx platform.
- Work with the Retail Activation Managers to identify and recommend optimal engagement tactics for brand clients.
- Collaborate with Client Services and Development teams on improving the platform according to brand client feedback.
- Dig into campaign reporting and analytics to provide insights back to Brand Account Managers making recommendations to clients.
- Eager to work at a small tech start-up and impact a growing company.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the independent small-business sector.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Ability to work flexibly on multiple projects and campaigns.
- Articulate and charismatic.
- Availability to work in-house.
- Possess an eye for design.
- Knowledge of basic HTML, Dreamweaver, and Keynote is a plus!
Retail Activation Intern
Activation Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist independent retailers by overseeing all Promoboxx support channels and initiating daily outbound outreach via phone, email, and social media
- Identify and execute optimal engagement tactics for each retailer base
- Promote the Promoboxx platform and ethos by contributing to our brand-to-retail marketing blog and social media channels
- Collaborate with Client Marketing and Development teams on improving the platform according to retailer feedback
- Propose and spearhead additional projects focused on empowering retailers with online marketing through Promoboxx
- Eager to work at a small tech start-up and make an impact within a growing company
- Proactive self-starter
- Ability to work flexibly on multiple projects and campaigns
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the independent small-business sector
- Articulate and charismatic
- Availability to work in-house
Interested? Email Emma@promoboxx.com with your resume and a brief cover letter to get started!
Social Media Officer
- Weekly scheduling of relevant content through Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin (primarily)
- Daily adhoc posts on FB, Twitter, and Linkedin in reaction to popular stories, articles, events, etc
- Planning and executing social strategy with Marketing Officer for IDEA events and workshops
- Weekly reporting on IDEA social traction (likes, follows, favorites, reposts, etc)
- Attendance at weekly management meetings (Mondays 6.30pm)
Interested? Email Lucas Merat firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief cover letter to get started!
Hackers and Software Engineers
HubSpot is looking for hackers and software engineers who are interested in solving complex problems and being part of one of the fastest growing, most ambitious engineering teams in the world. HubSpot engineers work in small teams with minimal process and are given the freedom to do big things and own the software they create.
Our technology stack is diverse, and we are looking to fill roles for a variety of projects including:
- Middle tier APIs & web services in both Java (DropWizard) & Python (Django)
- Core data and infrastructure development with HBase, Hadoop (MapReduce), ZooKeeper, Redis, MySQL, and Memcached
- Running, monitoring, and deploying to thousands of servers in multiple data centers & the cloud (DevOps & SRE)
- Mobile application development for iOS and Android
HubSpot judges candidates on potential, not a list of skills. That being said, we're paying attention if you have experience:
- Building dynamic web applications
- Designing RESTful APIs and designing database and storage strategies
- Experience with a dynamic and functional language as well as a systems or staticly typed language
- Working in a Linux or OSX environment, familiarity with server administration and tools
As an engineer you will get a MacBook Air and a GitHub Enterprise account on your first day. Working closely with your team, you will start shipping production code right away.
Come help us build real products that thousands of customers depend on.
Interested? Email email@example.com with your resume and a brief cover letter to get started!