Analyst – Co-op Offering
Note: Students without finance experience but with quantitative backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking analysts to join our dynamic operations team and become experts in the diverse business challenges of a global hedge fund. Successful candidates are creative problem-solvers and self-starters who have the proven ability to produce results. As all analysts at Weiss begin with our comprehensive investment training program, finance experience is not required and candidates with academic backgrounds in the sciences and other quantitative fields are encouraged to apply. Analysts at Weiss make use of strong analytical skills to identify risks and propose solutions that will positively impact the company’s long-term growth and success.
· Collateral and tax optimization
· Bank financing negotiations
· Equity and fixed income borrow trading
· Management of multi-asset class trade settlement processes
· Portfolio valuation
· Hedge fund corporate and legal structuring
· Building a knowledge base of the differing legal, trading, and operational implications of investing in a wide variety of financial instruments and markets
· Hedge fund run by ex-Bell Labs mathematical economist Andrew Weiss (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Weiss_(economist)
· History of 25 consecutive successful years since inception, yet a small, 40-person, startup culture.
· Opportunity to collaborate with a quantitatively-oriented team.
· Competitive compensation
· Strong quantitative abilities
· Proficient interpersonal skills and a desire to develop negotiation abilities
· Rigorous work ethic and attention to detail
To apply, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “[Your Name], Analyst Co-op” in the subject line. Please include your transcript and resume with GPA’s and standardized test scores (SAT, ACT, GRE, etc.). Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
About the company:
Weiss Asset Management develops proprietary value-based and quantitative strategies to manage approximately $1.4 billion globally. Members of our team have advanced training in economics, computer science, physics, law, and mathematics, but we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds. Our approach to problems is cerebral and analytically rigorous as we continually review our results in light of new data and insights. Collegial in nature, the culture at Weiss fosters cutting-edge academic and industry research. Finance experience is not a prerequisite, but candidates should have the drive and ability to acquire the skills necessary to perform at the highest level. All employees must adhere to the highest ethical standards. WAM does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other characteristic protected by law.