4 Types of Appointments
Face-to-face appointments at 412 Holmes Hall: Monday – Friday from 10am – 7pm. Book your appointment here.
Mobile and e-Tutoring appointments: Book your virtual appointment here!
Same-day appointments at 136 Snell Library: Monday – Friday from 10am – 3pm. Visit our room behind the Argo Tea in Snell Library to sign up for an appointment slot. You can work with a consultant for up to 45 minutes! This type of consulting allows for more student flexibility. However, please note that these appointments are not meant to be a proofreading service.
Writing Center Policies for Students
1. You may sign up for two 45-minute appointment per week.
2. If you are more than 15-minutes late to your pre-booked appointment at the Holmes location, the Writing Center staff reserves the right to give your appointment to another student.
If you are more than 5-minutes late for a same-day appointment in Snell, the Writing Center staff reserves the right to give your appointment to another student.
3. If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 1 hour in advance. Appointments not cancelled fewer than 1 hour in advance will be considered no-shows.
4. If you accumulate two “no shows,” you will be asked to stop using the Writing Center.
5. Each student may have one appointment per day. We ask that you respect this policy and do not book more than one appointment per day.
Before your Appointment
Collect any materials you are using for your paper, as these items (your assignment sheet, teacher’s instructions, any drafts you’ve completed, feedback from your teacher or peers, readings you used to complete the assignment) will help you and your consultant as you work on the paper.
Prepare an “agenda” for your session. What questions do you want to ask your consultant? What issues do you plan to focus on?
Please arrive a few minutes before your appointment begins to ensure you and your consultant can start on time.