The Writing Center is OPEN!
Make an appointment at 412 Holmes Hall
NEW Snell Library location
(Room 136; Behind the Argo Tea; Walk-in appointments only)
The Northeastern University Writing Center (WC) is open to any member of the NEU community and exists to help any level writer, from any academic discipline, become a better writer. There are many ways to enjoy our services. You can book in-person or virtual sessions with a WC consultant.
At the Writing Center, our consultants can help with any aspect of your writing, including:
- Understanding an Assignment or Prompt for Writing
- Reading and Analyzing a Complex Text
- Developing Reading and Note-Taking Strategies
- Conceptualizing and Brainstorming
- Planning and Outlining
- Research and Citations
- Organizing or Restructuring Your Writing
- Drafting and Revising
- Composing Better Introductions and Conclusions
- Demonstrating Effective Editing Techniques
- Discussing Grammar and Syntax
- Document Design
- Public Speaking Skills
- Developing a Presentation
- Incorporating Image and Text
- Developing Multimedia Projects
To learn more about the Writing Center, use the navigation links to the left. You may also call us at 617-373-4549.