Completed forms should be returned to the Graduate Programs office, 413 Lake Hall, unless otherwise specified on the form. If you have any questions, please contact the Assistant to Graduate Programs in English at or 617-373-3962.

Annual Review

Health Report Form

All new students must submit a Health Report Form to the University Health and Counseling Services Office. Please download the form from their website and submit it no later than 30 days prior to the start of classes.

If you do not submit the form, Health Services will block you from registering for your second semester at Northeastern. If you have any questions concerning the form, please contact University Health and Counseling Services at:

University Health and Counseling Services
135 Forsyth Building
Phone: (617) 373-2772
Fax: (617) 373-2601

Be sure to verify that documentation has arrived if it was sent by someone else. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure the documents are received and are on file with Health Services.

Directed/Independent Study

Please visit the Directed Study, Master’s Thesis, & Consortium Courses page for information and forms.

General Petition Form

“I” Grade Contracts

“I” Grade Contracts are required of all graduate students who receive “I” grades. Students should submit their completed contracts to the Graduate Office (413 Lake Hall) before the end of the semester.

Leave of Absence (LOA) & Medical Leave/Reentry (MLOA) Forms

Teaching Practicum

Each semester, a list of available Teaching Practicum opportunities for PhD and 2nd year MA students is circulated via email. If you wish to apply for one of the teaching practicum opportunities, you should

  1. Submit an application to the faculty memberwith whom you wish to work.
  2. If the faculty member approves your applicationfor the teaching practicum, you and the faculty member will then determine the expectations for the course, and submit a detailed proposal to the GSC, using the form below.

Transfer Credit/Special Student Credit

Please visit the  Transfer/Special Student Credit page for information and forms.

Travel Reimbursement Form (PhD)

Please visit the Travel Reimbursement page for information and forms.