I’m an award recipient. How can I request a cash release on my loan before the tuition waiver is posted to my account?

Loans are distributed during the first week of the semester, and they are automatically applied to any outstanding balance in your account. Since TAs and GSS recipients are asked not to pay the full balance of their bill, they need to request a cash release. These students may request the cash release via MyNeu. Here’s the Financial Aid Office’s policy about cash releases: http://www.northeastern.edu/financialaid/policies/cashrelease.html.

Many students opt to personally visit the Student Accounts Office with a copy of their award letters in hand. Students should tell the front desk person to look both in the Financial Aid and in the Student Account systems for their award information.

Posted in: Financial Aid and Student Billing