Security is one of Northeastern’s three research pillars, alongside health and sustainability.
In addition to the innovative sustainability research and 130+ courses taught in sustainability each year at Northeastern, the campus has also been recognized as a top “green campus” worldwide for 2011-2013.
- Anthropogenic nutrient input drives genetic, functional and taxonomic biodiversity in hypereutrophic Lake Taihu, China
- Center for Urban Environmental Studies
- Collaborative Research: Causes and Mechanisms of Cell Death in Freshwater Phytoplankton
- Consortium for Ocean Sensing in the Nearshore (COSINE)
- Monitoring and Understanding Water Quality at Three Potential Charles River Swimming Sites
- Puerto Rico Testsite for Exploring Contamination Threats (PROTECT)