Security is one of Northeastern’s three research pillars, alongside health and sustainability.
In addition to the innovative sustainability research and 130+ courses taught in sustainability each year at Northeastern, the campus has also been recognized as a top “green campus” worldwide for 2011-2013.
- Advanced Algorithm Development for Multi GPR Radar Detection of Buried Mines
- An Engineering Research Center for Subsurface Sensing and Imaging (Gordon-CenSSIS)
- Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT)
- Collaborative Research: Fusion of Electromagnetic and Mechanical Wave Data for Concrete Structure Diagnostics
- Development and Experimental Validation of Multistatic MM-Wave Radar for Standoff Concealed Explosives Detection
- ERC – Small Business: Walking Robot Based Ground Penetrating Radar Sensor for Mine and IED Detection
- IGERT: Intelligent Diagnostics for Aging Civil Infrastructure
- Multi-Modality Electromagnetic Detection and Localization of Implanted Explosives Using Ultra Low Field MRI and Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance