WHAT IS IT?
Every day, we - the EMSA staff - serve our students and engage them in learning and development opportunities not only here in Boston, but in Charlotte, Seattle, online and across the globe.
As we go through our day, each of us have had a eureka moment—that great idea—that (for example):
- reduces the need that a student has to be in a line, on email or on the phone with us
- engages students in a learning opportunity
- creates a new technology to enhance learning anywhere, anytime
- eliminates an unnecessary or manual practice and redeploys those resources
- better serves students who are on the other side of the globe
The Concept: We want to collect those great ideas and put your "notion in motion" - by providing the necessary support and funding to get it off the ground. Your idea could be at the beginning stage and need to be tested or prototyped to see if it will work; or, your idea could be well developed but need support and resources to be implemented.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
First, give us any idea that:
- Results in better service to our students; and/or
- Enhances student learning and engagement.
In addition, while all ideas are welcome, we will prioritize ideas that:
- need less than $10K in funding to initiate
- will be on-going and sustainable
- do not replace or supplement unit operating budgets (i.e., generally not for office equipment, expenses, etc.)
Describe and submit your idea here.
Individuals or groups - even our students and volunteers - can submit ideas. YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO LEAD OR DO IT! If you have an idea, we want to know.
For the initial round, we ask that you submit your idea by March 29th. The ideas will be reviewed during April. In the first week in May, we will announce the initial portfolio of projects to be implemented and funded.
Don’t have an idea now?
The website will be available for your idea whenever you have it - submit it to here - 24/7/365! We will continue to review ideas as they are submitted.