VISA Requirements


The US has updated its visa polices to increase security, so it may take you 3-6 months to apply for and receive your visa. For details that apply specfically to your country, please go immediately to your nearest US Consulate or Embassy. Review your visa status now to determine if you need a US visa or visa renewal and to find out how to schedule and interview appointment, pay fees, and other vital instructions. If you need a personal letter of invitation to attend the conference, please download and fill the  form Visa Request Process for EMI 2011 Conferences and send it back to  conference coordinators by email at: or fax to 1-617-373-7812. The conference coordinators cannot contact or intervene with any U.S. Embassy or Consulate office abroad on your behalf ! Please begin your visa application process as soon as possible.


All nationals and citizens of Visa Waver Program (VWP) countries who plan to travel to the U.S. for temporary business or pleasure for 90 days or less are required by law to obtain travel authorization prior to initiating travel to the United States. This authorization can be obtained online through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), a free Internet application administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security For additional information about the ESTA, please visit The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is transitioning to enforced compliance of the ESTA requirement for VWP travelers. VWP travelers who have not obtained approval through ESTA should expect to be denied boarding on any air carrier bound for the U.S. Travelers from countries not in the VWP are still required to obtain a visa prior to entry into the United States.