The Terra Society organizes activities that promote an appreciation and understanding of the Earth and of environmental sciences. We sponsor speakers and field trips that aim to broaden our knowledge of the natural word. The Society is open to all students and welcomes anyone interested in the areas of geology, environmental science, and paleontology.
President: Aaron Beltzer
Vice President: Tara Larrue
Secretary: Clint Valentine
Treasurer: Theresa DeLucia
Prof. Richard Bailey
- December: Terra Member Led Trip to New Hampshire and Maine.
- November 19: Terra Thanksgiving potluck.
- November 13: Extreme Climate and Sustainability Presentation with Prof. Ganguly, head of the campus Sustainability and Data Analysis lab.
- October 23: Pumpkin Carving & Autumn Potluck.
- October 16: In Search of the Earliest Animals: exclusive showing of David Attenborough’s First Life.
- October 13: Storming the Beach: MSC open house and Coastsweep beach cleanup.
- Trip to White Mountains: with Professors Jennifer Cole and Daniel Douglass
- Trip to the Yale Peabody Museum and Dinosaur State Park with Professor Richard Bailey
- Guided Hike: Middlesex Fells Reservation
- Boston Harbor Islands 2011 Science Symposium
- Let’s Talk About Water 2011 Symposium
- Annual TERRA Thanksgiving: potluck dinner for Terra, non-Terra and Terra Alum
- Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest: buy a pumpkin for $5 or bring your own to carve for a prize
- Annual Chili Contest: for prizes, a trophy, and a years worth of bragging rights
- TERRA Ice Skating at Frog Pond
Meetings are once a month on Thursdays at 6pm in 14 Holmes Hall in the department lounge. Questions? Contact Terra at email@example.com.