Each student interested in seeking services through the DRC should complete an Intake Packet. Once we have a complete Intake Packet from you, we will begin our review process, which may take 2-3 weeks. If documentation is determined to be acceptable for accommodations and services, you will be asked to meet with a Disability Specialist to complete the Registration Process.
An Intake Packet for students with traumatic and acquired brain injuries consists of all of the following items:
- A completed Student Disclosure Form. Please fill out this form as completely as you can, listing each accommodation you are requesting and explaining why you find the accommodation useful. Your self-report of your experience is an important part of the accommodation process; please fill out the disclosure form accurately and completely.
- A report from a neuropsychological or psycho-educational evaluation. This report should include a diagnostic statement, reflect your current level of functioning, and describe what substantial impact/limitation(s) you experience due to your traumatic or acquired brain injury. Requirements for the age of the documentation are dependent upon the onset and stability of the condition.
- If you have previously received services or accommodations for a traumatic and acquired brain injury, verification of your history of accommodations. *Please note Accommodations received at previous institutions do not automatically transfer to Northeastern University.
- If you received accommodations on the SAT, ACT, or IB, please provide a copy of your eligibility letter from the College Board, ACT, or International Baccalaureate Organization.
- If you are an incoming freshman, please provide a copy of your most recent IEP, 504 plan, Summary of Performance, or your private high school equivalent.
- If you are a transfer student, please request a verification letter from your previous post-secondary institution indicating the accommodations you were approved to use when you were enrolled. It can be faxed directly to 617.373.7800.
Please send these materials to:
Disability Resource Center
360 Huntington Avenue
20 Dodge Hall
Boston, MA 02115
Questions regarding the documentation guidelines may be directed to Debbi Auerbach, Service Coordinator (email@example.com) or 617.373.4428. You may also call the DRC’s front desk at 617.373.2675.