Northeastern’s Center for the Advancement of Veterans and Servicemembers (CAVS) is dedicated to helping veterans and servicemembers achieve their educational and career aspirations.
Audience(s): Student Life
- In 2009 Northeastern invested $2 million—the highest level possible—into the federal government’s Yellow Ribbon Program to help post-9/11 veterans meet the cost of completing or continuing their education. Due to the size of the commitment, qualifying veterans receive grant aid that covers most, if not all, of their tuition and fees, depending on the degree program they enroll in.
- 90% of military alumni are employed or in graduate school within nine months of graduation.
- Northeastern is recognized as a Military Friendly School, and is proud to support veterans and servicemembers’ successful return to civilian life.
- ALIGN Degree Program offers opportunity to transition into high-demand STEM professions.
- Fast-Track Degree Completion and Self-Paced Degree Completion are two focused bachelor’s completion programs.
- Offers guidance and advising to veterans to access federal benefits to pay for tuition.
- Offers regular workshops to support veterans.