Policies for Discovery Lab Use
- NU will give priority to reservations that connect to NU programming; research, curriculum and student groups.
- A minimum of 5 attendees are required to reserve the Discovery Lab.
- All reservations are reviewed by ATS staff to ensure effective use.
- Reservations are first come, first serve.
- Semester long reservations for classes, groups or meetings can only be reserved by ATS staff.
- Technical or room configuration requirements for classes MUST be requested prior to semester.
- Discovery Lab can communicate the presentation or exhibition through the digital signage facing the café. Communication and documentation for the event is the responsibility of the sponsor.
- The Discovery Lab will be responsible for assignment/scheduling subject to availability.
- The sponsor is responsible for the installation and de-installation of exhibitions or presentations in the Discovery Lab. The sponsor will coordinate the installation and de-installation with ATS.
- Any hanging of displays needs to be coordinated through email@example.com.
- No changes are to be made to the physical space. Do not use nails, glues, paints, etc.
- Standing displays or exhibitions are not covered under the University property insurance.
- All costs related to special installation or display will be borne by the sponsor.
- The Discovery Lab reserves the right to cancel an exhibition.
The Discovery Lab is available on an equitable basis regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use. The Discovery Lab endeavors to present a broad spectrum of opinion and viewpoints and does not endorse content nor imply agreement or disagreement with beliefs or viewpoints expressed in the exhibits or displays.
The university does not accept responsibility for ensuring that all points of views are represented in any single display. The university reserves the right to determine at its sole discretion what materials will be displayed as well as scheduling, duration, and assignment of the spaces.
The university has the right to review the materials in advance. The university’s decision on what will be displayed in its exhibit spaces shall be final. Northeastern University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, and Veteran or disability status. The University will not ignore any form of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment, of any member of the Northeastern community.
It is recommended to schedule a visit to the Discovery Lab or speak with ATS (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance before submitting requesting.