“The goal is to turn data into information, and information into insight.”
—Carly Fiorina, former CEO of Hewlett-Packard
The growing demand within nearly every field for knowledgeable and skilled individuals capable of extracting actionable insights from big data is the underpinning of Northeastern University’s scalable Data Science Programs. The interdisciplinary nature of our programs fosters innovative connections between and applications of data science concepts to various societal problems.
- Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics: Upon successful completion of this certificate’s curriculum, credits can be applied to the MS in Urban Informatics. Certificate courses may also be taken as electives to master’s degrees outside the Data Analytics Programs. This certificate provides the foundational knowledge for working with big data that is applicable to any discipline.
- Graduate Certificate in Urban Informatics: This program provides a foundational curriculum focused on urban informatics coursework. The program teaches students to integrate the data analytic skills with knowledge of the socio-political dimensions of cities.
- MS in Urban Informatics: This program combines the foundational certificate curriculum with urban informatics coursework. The program prepares students to confidently work with the increasingly complex data and technological resources utilized for many aspects of urban research and policy, including growth and development, service delivery, and community affairs.
- MS in Bioinformatics: Our curriculum combines core coursework in bioinformatics computational methods, programming, and statistics with graduate electives that offer students the flexibility to specialize and build broader knowledge in both life sciences and computer science. The university’s signature experiential learning model connects students with leading industry employers through three- or six-month co-ops that integrate classroom study with a practical, professional experience. With an MS in Bioinformatics from Northeastern University, graduates secure a solid foundation on which to jumpstart their careers in a competitive job market.
- MS in Health Informatics: This interdisciplinary curriculum of MS in Health Informatics combines technical and business courses in the health field to prepare students to become leaders in health informatics. The program is designed for health-care professionals with little knowledge of computing and information technology as well as for IT professionals with little knowledge of health-care environments. Students with either background gain the knowledge and skills to make an immediate impact in health informatics.
Apply now or request information using the form below.