The Center for Student Involvement’s Scheduling Office
434 Curry Student Center
The Center for Student Involvement’s Scheduling Office (CSI Scheduling) is the source for many of your on-campus space-reservation needs. Whether you’re a Northeastern faculty/staff member or a registered student organization, CSI Scheduling is here to assist in securing you the best meeting and event spaces available.*
*External organizations may request the use of CSI Scheduling’s spaces via the Office of External Events & Conference Housing; please note that there may be rental fees for such use.
HOW TO BOOK SPACE
There are two ways you can reserve Center for Student Involvement space at Northeastern University:
- Through the campus-wide Call for Programs
- On an as-needed basis after the Call for Programs closes
Prior to reserving space, please read through our general policies, found in the Student Organization Resource Guide. If you have any further questions, please reach out to the CSI Scheduling Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-373-2632 and our staff will be happy to walk you through the process.
CALL FOR PROGRAMS
Each spring, the CSI Scheduling Desk accepts requests for space for the following academic year. This allows groups to begin their planning early, and to ensure the most fair and resourceful use of limited Northeastern event space. The process is not first-come, first-served; all requests are reviewed and accommodated if possible.
To request space for the 2017-2018 academic year, visit our online scheduling system, NUSSO, via MyNEU. Under the “Reservations” drop down menu, click on “CSI Call for Programs 2017-2018” and follow the prompts to submit your requests. For more explanation on how to use this system, please see the following document.
Requests are due by noon on Friday April 28, 2017. Space is limited; all requests will be reviewed and accommodated if possible. If we are unable to provide you with your preferred space or date, we will attempt to provide other venue/date options suitable to your programs.
RESERVING SPACE AFTER CALL FOR PROGRAMS
Upon the completion of Call for Programs for a given year, further requests are processed on a first come, first served basis through the CSI Scheduling Office’s online scheduling service center or via the scheduling desk in 434 CSC.
- Access Northeastern University Space Scheduling Online (NUSSO) via myNEU to view open rooms, learn about venues, and book space.
- If you have further questions or concerns, please contact the CSI Scheduling Desk. You should include the following information to expedite service:
1. Date(s) of reservation and beginning and end times (make sure you factor in time for set-up and breakdown)
2. Event name
3. Group name (University departments and recognized student organizations only)
4. Contact name (faculty/staff or student organization presidents, treasurers, or event coordinators only)
5. Contact phone number and email address (@northeastern.edu or @husky.neu.edu only)
Registered student organizations can request the reservation of additional classrooms by submitting our Academic Classroom Reservation Request Form.
The Major Event Venues are listed below and further information regarding each venue can be found here.
- Blackman Auditorium
- CSC Ballroom
- CSC Indoor Quad
- CSC McLeod Suites
- CSC West Addition
- Fenway Center
Select outdoor areas can be booked for events including
- Bulfinch Common
- Centennial Common
- Kretzman Quad
- Library Courtyard
- Science/Robinson Quad
- Sculpture Park
- Speare Field
- Stetson East/Freshman Quad
- West Village Quad
- West Village Sand Volleyball Court
The following spaces are also available and can be reserved with their managing departments. To inquire about availability, please contact the appropriate offices as indicated.
- Raytheon Amphitheater (Egan): Contact your program manager
- Cabral Center (AAI): Reserve online
- Sacred Space (Ell Hall): Reserve online
- Xhibition Kitchen + Dining Hall: Email Deb Fantasia at email@example.com
- Marino Center Dance Studios: Place your request with the Marino Center directly
- Social Justice Resource Center: Reserve online