A Brief History
In 2012, a group of Northeastern freshmen were puzzled about why there were no student organizations for Chinese Americans. Chinese Americans were amoung the largest Asian American populations on campus, but there was no representation. They took the initiative to create the Chinese Student Association which would spread awareness of the rich Chinese and Chinese American culture.
- Unite all students interested in the Chinese American identity.
- Explore the shift from traditional Chinese culture to Chinese American culture.
- Provide a voice to all Chinese Americans within the Northeastern population.
- Volunteer in the pursuit of improving the world.
- Foster a sense of community within our organization and other cultural organizations.
- Enrich the college experience through meaningful events and relationships.
- Encourage others to reflect on their identities and shape a better future for Chinese Americans.
- Chill out & have fun!