Founded in 1987, PsyClub is run entirely by Northeastern undergraduate psychology majors. They have an annual budget supplied by the department and use these funds to stage events, run programs and invite speakers to address the undergraduate student body. Check the Psychology Club bulletin board outside 125 Nightingale for latest news and information. Click here for the PsyClub Constitution. Meetings are typically held on Wednesday evenings.
All psychology and related majors should receive regular emails about meetings and activities. For more information or if you are not receiving emails about the Psychology Club, contact Sarah Zhang, PsyClub President, or Prof. William Sharp, PsyClub Advisor.
Advisor: Prof. William Sharp
President: Sarah Zhang
VP: Hunter Coury
PR: Michael Fleischmann
Secretary: Dayang Gong
Past PsyClub Events:
- Thursday, April 13, 2017: Positive Psychology. Active Minds and PsyClub join together for a conversation about what positive psychology is (and what it isn’t), how we can benefit by integrating psychological training into our daily lives, and what it will take to implement these strategies on a large scale. (8pm, WVG 108)
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017: Department Town Meeting, sponsored by PsyClub. Faculty from the Psychology Department will be there to answer questions and hear comments. (6:40 pm, 235 Forsyth)
- Wednesdays, Spring, 2017: Graduate Mentoring Program. Interested in Graduate School? Gain valuable insights from our graduate students the following Wednesdays from 5:30-6:30 pm in 235 Forsyth.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017: Psychology and Human Services with Lydia Ogden, PhD. Dr. Lydia Ogden will be talking about NU’s human services program and her academic and professional career. Dr. Ogden is a licensed clinical social worker whose research involves using qualitative research methods to understand social phenomena that surround mental health challenges. (6:40-7:40 pm, 235 Forsyth)
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017: Applied Psychology Program with Dr. Quinn and Laura Dudley. For more information, visit the facebook page here. (6:40 pm, 235 Forsyth)
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017: The Early Intervention (EI) Program with Dr. Nancy Snyder and Dr. Book (6:40 pm, 235 Forsyth)
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017: Forces for Good: Compassion, Meditation, and Social Connectivity, a talk with Dr. Paul Condon and Active Minds about his research on prosocial behavior and emotions at NU’s Interdisciplinary Affective Science Lab. (6:40 pm, 235 Forsyth)
- Wednesday, February 15, 2017: Co-op Panel, a discussion led by students who wish to share how they earned their position and what their day-to-day lives were like while having a full time position in the field of Psychology. (6:40pm, 235 Forsyth)
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017: Careers in Mental Health, a discussion with Nicholas Covino, PsyD, President of William James College about the variety of clinical career options in psychology and mental health fields. Learn about him and the college here. (6:40pm, 235 Forsyth)
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017: The GRE with Darrell Penta, advice from Psychology graduate student Darrell Penta on taking the GRE and preparing for graduate school. (6:40 PM, 235 Forsyth)
Monday, December 5, 2016: A talk with Prof. David DeSteno entitled, Moral Behavior (6 PM, 296 Ryder Hall)
November 30, 2016: Dinner with Eboard (6:40 pm, 157 Ryder Hall)
- November 17, 2016: A talk with Prof. Sharp entitled, Inside Out with Prof. Sharp (6 PM, 215 Shillman Hall)
- October 26, 2016: A talk on cognition with Prof. John Coley entitled, Insights with Coley (6:40 PM, 157 Ryder Hall)