The universe is more than galaxies, stars, planets and empty space. What we see as “everything” is less than 5 percent of the total universe. The remaining 95 percent is dark matter and dark energy. The origins and identity of both are unknown.

Read Justin’s full article in the Metro and see his latest chalk animation: