Special students are students who have completed an undergraduate degree and would like to further their education, but who are not committed to a full degree program.
These students are enrolled on a part-time basis and cannot exceed more than two courses per semester.
Special students may earn a maximum of 12 semester hours over time prior to applying to a degree program.
Please refer to the list of materials required for information on applying.
Special Student Required Materials:
1. Application – ApplyNow
2. Application fee – US $75.00
3. Personal Statement
4. Letter(s) of recommendation vary with each department. Please refer to the degree program of your interest (link to degree program section). All letters must besubmitted on-line via ApplyYourself.
5. Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended.
6. Proof of English Proficiency for all applicants (from one of the following):
- Degree earned or in progress at an U.S. institution – or –
- Degree earned or in progress at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction – or –
- Official exam scores from either the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE exam
*Some programs may require additional materials. Please see individual program application requirements here.