Please note that in addition to the submission of your on-line application, all required application materials must also be received by the stated deadlines in order for your application to be considered.
The only GRE and TOEFL institution code needed is 3682. Please note that GRE scores are valid for five years, and TOEFL scores are valid for two years.
2. Application fee – US $75.00
3. Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended
- Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to ApplyYourself as part of your application.
- Official transcripts are required of all admitted applicants within 30 days of matriculation.
Official transcript submission for international applicants
All students that attended an institution outside of the United States must provide a detailed, course-by-course transcript evaluation indicating conferral of an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to a U.S bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. This evaluation is not just an English translation (if applicable), but a document provided by an accredited evaluating agency that shows all grades, course titles, credit hours, United States degree equivalency, grade-point average (GPA), and date of degree conferral. This detailed, course-by-course transcript evaluation must be submitted within 30 days of beginning graduate classes. We do not accept recommendations and other documents from Interfolio.
Please request a detailed, course-by-course transcript evaluation from one of the following agencies:
|Educational Credential Evaluators||Center for Educational Documentation||World Education Services, Inc.|
|P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
|P.O. Box 170116
Boston, MA 02117
|P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station New York, NY 10274-5087
Send official transcripts (only upon enrollment) to:
- College of Science Graduate Student Services
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
4. Three Letters of Recommendation for all degree programs submitted on-line via ApplyYourself.
5. GRE General Scores (Institution code is 3682). GRE Subject scores are required for some programs – please see departmental requirements.
6. Proof of English Proficiency for all applicants (from one of the following):
- Degree earned or in progress at an U.S. institution – or -
- Degree earned or in progress at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction – or -
- Official exam scores from either the TOEFL iBT, IELTS, or PTE exam
Please note: Materials submitted for admission consideration are university property and will not be returned to the applicant.
Please note: The College of Science reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission at any time prior to or after enrollment if one or more of the following occur:
- There is a discrepancy between the unofficial or self-reported transcript and/or test scores submitted at the time of application and the official transcripts and/or test scores received by the College of Science.
- Applicant does not submit final transcript showing conferral of a bachelor’s, master’s, first professional or equivalent degree from an accredited institution within 30 days of matriculation.
- Transcript evaluation indicates that the degree received is not equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s, master’s, or first professional degree from an accredited institution.
Applicant fails to meet the deadlines and/or other credential requirements of the degree program to which applicant applied.