PhD, Geology, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA, 1979.
BS, Geology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, 1973.
Area(s) of Expertise
Geochemistry, mineralogy, geographic information systems
My research projects have included:
- Field study and geochemical investigation of the origin of metamorphosed volcanic rocks and igneous intrusions in the southwest Alaska accretionary prism, Kodiak Islands, Shumagin-Sanak Islands and the Alaska Peninsula; major and trace element study using XRF and neutron activation analysis; mass spectrometric study of strontium and neodymium isotope variations.
- Field study and geochemical study of the zoned Eagle Peak Pluton, central Sierra Nevada, California; neutron activation trace element study, stable isotope (oxygen) and radiogenic isotope (strontium, neodymium) analyses.
- Trace element geochemistry study of the Bushveld Granite, South Africa and Gaborone Granite, Botswana (neutron activation analysis), while on a National Research Council Postdoctoral Fellowship with the U.S. Geological Survey, Denver.
- Trace element geochemistry and strontium-neodymium isotope analyses of volcanic rocks from the H.S. Washington Collection, Barren Island and Narcondam Island, Indian Ocean.
- Field and geochemical study of igneous and metamorphic rocks from eastern Massachusetts
- Field and geochemical study of a gabbro-granite intrusive complex in the Coastal Maine Igneous Province, in the Calais, Maine region; contract from the Maine Geological Survey.
14 Holmes Hall