The Co-op Advantage
Employing a Northeastern co-op student allows you to build your own qualified, trained future employee pool. Tackle those back-burner projects. Handle recurring tasks and free up employees for higher level projects. Hire only as needed, for as long as needed.
Work with a structured program run by expert faculty who support you and students throughout the co-op process.
- Receive resumes screened for the skills and qualifications you want.
- Adjust job descriptions as often as you need.
- Benefit from students’ fresh perspective, enthusiasm, and knowledge.
- Try different candidates, or re-hire students again and again.
- Help educate the next generation of employees in a comprehensive program that integrates classroom learning with practical experience.
Our co-op programs typically consist of a freshman year of full-time study, followed by four upperclass years in which students alternate periods of classroom study with periods of work experience.
In individual and group meetings and seminars, students assess their skills and interests, and learn the co-op basics as well as information about career paths. Our students learn to behave like professionals, both on co-op and in the classroom.