Our main educational objective for students is the attainment of a common core of knowledge in biotechnology, with particular emphasis on their ability to integrate knowledge across disciplinary boundaries.
Specific concentration objectives are to provide students with didactic and practical knowledge:
- in protein analytical approaches and methodologies for activities and functions of biopharmaceuticals (Biopharmaceutical Analytical Sciences)
- in integrating business and management skills with the science of biotechnology (Biotechnology Enterprise)
- of the biotechnology industry with regards to entrepreneurship, innovation, leadership, finance, and marketing (Biotechnology Enterprise)
- in formulation development and drug product manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals (Pharmaceutical Technologies)
- in development and optimization of drug substance manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals (Process Sciences)
Graduates receive a Master of Science (MS) degree with a major in biotechnology.