MS Deadlines to Apply for Domestic Applicants:
Full-time/Part-time On-Ground and Online Programs: August 1st
Full-time/Part-time On-Ground and Online Programs: December 15th
MS Deadlines to Apply for International Applicants:
Full-time On-Ground program for International Students: May 1st
Full-time/Part-time Online Program for International Students: August 1st
Full-time On-Ground Program for International Students: October 15th
Full-time/Part-time Online Program for International Students: December 1st
Certificate Deadlines to Apply:*
Special Student Deadlines to Apply:*
*To qualify for application, individuals must be eligible to study in the U.S. on a part-time basis.
For more information on locations and formats, click here.
Admission Prerequisites Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent to a US Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Successful completion of the following courses**
- Biochemistry: course completed by 12/31 for fall admission or 12/31 or prior to BIOT 6299 for spring admission
- Molecular Biology, Genetics, OR Physiology: course completed by the end of second semester
- Organic Chemistry: course completed by the end of second semester
MS applicants that have not completed these courses can still apply and be accepted. MS applicants that are accepted into the program will be required to complete the courses by the dates listed above.
- The following courses are highly recommended**
- College-level Calculus
**MS Program Only
- Online Application
- $75 application fee
- Personal statement
- Pre-requisite form**
- Three letters of recommendation are required for the MS program. Two letters are required for the Certificate Program (Interfolio or third party recommendations are not accepted)
- Unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study
Send official transcripts (only upon enrollment) to:
Graduate Admissions and Student Services
Northeastern University College of Science
206 Mugar Life Sciences Building
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Official transcript submission for international applicants:
All students that attended an institution outside of the United States must provide official transcripts and official confirmation of the completion of a Bachelor’s degree (and Master’s degree, if applicable). Transcripts must include certified English translation, and be mailed directly to Northeastern from the issuing institution in a stamped and sealed envelope.
- Recommended 3.0 GPA from undergraduate institution
- Official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores (institution code 3682) for non-native English speaking applicants. The English language requirement is waived for international applicants that hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from a US institution. It is recommended that applicants have earned minimum test scores of the following: 100 TOEFL or 7 IELTS or PTE 68.
**MS Program Only
All application materials are required to be submitted online. Complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Notes: Materials submitted for admission consideration are university property and will not be returned to the applicant. Recommendations and other documents from Interfolio are not accepted.
The College of Science reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission at any time prior to or after enrollment if one or more of the following occur:
1. There is a discrepancy between the unofficial or self-reported transcript and/or test scores submitted at the time of application and the official transcripts and/or test scores received by the College of Science.
2. Applicant does not submit final transcript showing conferral of a bachelor’s, master’s, first professional or equivalent degree from an accredited institution within 30 days of matriculation.
3. Applicant fails to meet the deadlines and/or other credential requirements of the degree program to which applicant applied.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions and Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.373.4275.