MS Deadlines to Apply for Domestic Applicants:
Full-time/Part-time On-Ground and Online Programs: August 1st
Full-time/Part-time On-Ground and Online Programs: December 1st
MS Deadlines to Apply for International Applicants:
Full-time On-Ground program for International Students: May 1st
Full-time/Part-time Online Program for International Students: August 1st
Full-time On-Ground Program for International Students: October 15th
Full-time/Part-time Online Program for International Students: December 1st
Certificate Deadlines to Apply:*
Special Student Deadlines to Apply:*
*To qualify for application, individuals must be eligible to study in the U.S. on a part-time basis.
For more information on locations and formats, click here.
Admission Prerequisites Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent to a US Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Successful completion of the following courses**
- Biochemistry: course completed by 12/31 for fall admission or 12/31 or prior to BIOT 6299 for spring admission
- Molecular Biology, Genetics, OR Physiology: course completed by the end of second semester
- Organic Chemistry: course completed by the end of second semester
MS applicants that have not completed these courses can still apply and be accepted. MS applicants that are accepted into the program will be required to complete the courses by the dates listed above.
- The following courses are highly recommended**
- College-level Calculus
**MS Program Only
- Online Application
- $75 application fee
- Personal Statement
- Pre-requisite form**
- Three letters of recommendation are required for the MS program. Two letters are required for the Certificate Program (Interfolio or third party recommendations are not accepted)
- Unofficial Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate study
- Official transcripts outside of the US must be submitted to Educational Credential Evaluators, Center for Educational Documentation, or World Education Services for credentialing (only required upon enrollment)
- Recommended 3.0 GPA from undergraduate institution
- Official TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores (institution code 3682) for Non-Native English speaking applicants. The English language requirement is waived for international applicants that hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from a US institution. It is recommended that applicants have earned minimum test scores of the following: 100 TOEFL or 7 IELTS or PTE 68.
**MS Program Only
All application materials are required to be submitted online. Complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions and Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.373.4275.