What to Bring
How are the rooms furnished?
Northeastern University, like most other colleges and universities, provides each intern with a bed, desk, chair, dresser, and window shade. This is true whether you are living in a standard single, double or enhanced single, double housing accommodation. Some double rooms have only one closet to share with your roommate.
While the summer season is shorter than a traditional semester, we offer suggestions of what you may wish to bring to campus for your summer stay with us.
- Valid government issued photo ID
- Handcart or dolly to assit with moving
- Clock radio/alarm clock
- Clothes hangers
- Desk lamp (not halogen)
- Ethernet cord
- Extra-long twin sheets (sometimes labeled Collegiate Twin Sheets) that will fit all University beds, which are commonly 80 inches long
- Iron and ironing board
- Laundry bag, detergent
- Nonflammable metal wastebasket
- Power outlet strip (12 or 14-gauge wire)
- Television and or personal computer
- Under-the-bed sweater/storage boxes (no deeper than 10 inches)
- Shower shoes and caddy
- Hair dryer
- Air-tight food-storage containers
- Pots, pans, dishes, cups, utensils
- Dispensable hooks
- Cleaning supplies