Billing and Payment
Northeastern bills on a weekly basis, where Sunday is the first day of the week and Saturday is the last. If your scheduled move-out date is at least 2 days into a new billing week, you will be charged for the full 7 days. However, if your scheduled move-out date is 1 day into a new billing week, you will not be charged for the extra day. Please note, Northeastern requires a minimum stay of 4 weeks for all interns.
- A stay of 4 weeks and 1 day is billed as 4 weeks.
- A stay of 4 weeks and 2 days is billed as 5 weeks.
Deposit and Final Housing Payment Information
Housing is available on a first come, first serve basis. A $200.00 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your housing choice, and is applied to your final housing balance. If Northeastern considers your application incomplete or your housing payment is not made in full within 14 days of your application approval, Northeastern will release your housing choice, consider your application inactive, and you will forfeit your deposit.
Northeastern will accommodate your first choice housing assignment, if available at the time of your deposit. However, if unable to accommodate, Northeastern will contact you to confirm your secondary option.
PLEASE NOTE: Final housing payment must be submitted within 14 days of your application approval.
Housing Refund/Cancellation Policy (If you submitted your application before April 18th):
- 61 days or more before scheduled arrival: 100% refunded
- 31-60 days before scheduled arrival: 50% refunded
- 15-30 days before scheduled arrival: 25% refunded
- Less than 14 days before scheduled arrival: No refund
If you submit your application after April 18th: there will be no refunds given once payment is submitted.
*Northeastern will refund the deposit for any applicant that is deemed ineligible or if Northeastern is unable to accommodate applicant’s first or second housing option.
We offer two meal plan options, a gym membership, and a parking pass.
- Amenities may be purchased once your application is approved and deposit submitted.
- Meal plans and gym membership must be purchased no later than 14 days before to your scheduled arrival date.
- Parking passes may be purchased upon move-in through the Gainsborough Garage Office (see FAQ page).
- Once, purchased, amenities are non-refundable.
Further details and pricing may be found on the Amenities page.
IMPORTANT: Payment links (deposit, housing, amenities) are provided via email by Northeastern, once your application is approved. Payments may be made via credit card. Payment links are NOT available on our website.
For additional questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.