Important Reminders

YOUR DIPLOMA: Degree candidates must complete the Apply to Graduate option and complete the application form. Take the time to provide your name as you want it to be printed on your diploma and in the commencement program.

STUDENT LOAN OBLIGATIONS: If you are a federal loan recipient, you are required to complete exit counseling prior to leaving the university. All Federal Stafford loan borrowers must complete on-line exit counseling through  Questions concerning this requirement should be directed to the Office of Student Financial Services (354 Richards Hall - 617.373.3190).  In addition, if you have received a Federal Perkins, Health Professions, Nursing, Physician Assistant and/or other institutional student loans, you must complete separate exit counseling paperwork through the Student Loan Collections office (315 Richards Hall - 617.373.2160). There are informational loan sessions which will provide you with important documents. You will be contacted at a later date with further details for completing this process. Regardless of your intention to participate in the commencement ceremony, access to your diploma will be blocked until your completed Exit paperwork is on file.

FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS: You must fulfill all financial obligations to the University in order to receive your diploma. Your current balance, including any balance also owed on a payment plan, must be paid in full. If this obligation is not fulfilled until after Commencement, you must contact the Commencement Office at 617.373.4098 for the release of your diploma.

MAILING/ADDRESS INFORMATION: Be sure to include your diploma mailing address via Apply to Graduate. Please note that this action does not update your information with the Office of the Registrar. If your diploma mailing address changes after submitting the graduation application, you must contact the Commencement Office directly to update it. Updating your permanent address on your myNEU will not change your address on your graduation application, and you will not have access to the application to make changes once it is submitted.