Apply to Graduate
All eligible degree candidates must complete
the Graduation Application by the applicable deadline. Please read all NU
email correspondence in their entirety as they will communicate important
information regarding this
process and other related details.
Before you Apply to Graduate through your myNEU account we recommend you take the time to review your current program information, i.e. degree, major, minor and concentration. To review this information login to your myNEU account; under the Self-Service tab click Student Self-Service. From the Student Menu, click Student Records, then choose View Student Information; choose your term and click submit. Your expected graduation date and curriculum information will be noted on this page. Contact your academic dean's office representative if you have any questions or if any of the information is incorrect .
If, and when, the information is correct, the next step is to Apply to Graduate. Under the Self-Service tab in your myNEU, you will find the Commencement box located at the bottom left corner of the screen. Choose the Apply to Graduate option and complete the application. If you receive an error message, your program information is incorrect, or you are applying after the deadline, please contact your academic advisor and do not complete the application until the issue is rectified.
The Apply to Graduate form is required and provides your college/school, the Office of the Registrar and the Commencement Office with the critical information needed to serve you. Failure to complete the application or late application will affect your access to ceremony guest tickets, printing of your diploma, participation in the ceremony, inclusion in the printed ceremony program, etc.
When completing the Apply to Graduate application, you will be asked to confirm the following information:
- Level (i.e. Undergraduate Day, College of Professional Studies, etc.)
- Degree Program
You will be asked to enter the following information:
- your Graduation Date (date that your degree will be conferred/awarded)
- your intention to participate (applicable only to your specified commencement/graduation ceremony)
name as you wish it to appear on your diploma
- you will only have edit access to your middle name and suffix field
- if you wish to update your first and/or last name you must complete the appropriate form and submit it to the Office of the Registrar.
Once your form is updated in the University's system you may contact the Commencement Office to update it in the Graduation Application
- it will be printed as you enter it on the application
- upper and lower case lettering must be used
- the Commencement Office and the Office of the Registrar reserve the right to update/correct names as needed
- a fee will apply to any changes made after the diploma has been printed
- diploma mailing address
- Thesis/Dissertation Title and Advisor name (applicable to doctoral candidates only)
- phonetic spelling of your full diploma name (applicable to Doctor of Philosophy candidates, College of Professional Studies candidates and Juris Doctor candidates only)
Once the application is completed and submitted, you will not be able to make changes. If you need to update your degree information (degree, major, conferral date, etc.) you must contact your advisor or the dean's office of your college and request that they complete and submit a "Curriculum or Conferral Date Change" form to the Office of the Registrar. Changes to your diploma name, ceremony information (RSVP gown size/type etc.) or address information must be submitted to the Commencement Office by calling 617.373.4098 or by emailingCommencement@neu.edu.Visit the Commencement website (http://www.northeastern.edu/commencement) for all information regarding deadlines, ceremony details, etc.