The 31st Regional Meeting on Kinetics and Dynamics will be held on Saturday, January 26, 2013, hosted by Prof. Richard West of the Department of Chemical Engineering at Northeastern University. The meeting provides a great opportunity to hear about some of the exciting research going on in this area on the chemical kinetics and dynamics of a wide range of systems, and is a supportive environment for students, postdocs and PI’s to present their result.
There are typically about 30 attendees from MA, CT, NY and NJ. The meeting is scheduled to run from 10:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. in room 315 Shillman Hall, 115 Forsyth St, Boston MA 02115. Following the traditional format, talks will be approximately 15 min (+5 min for questions) for student speakers and up to 25 min (+5 min) for post-docs and PI’s, depending on number of speakers. Refreshments and lunch will be provided. There is no registration fee for the meeting, thanks to sponsorship by the Graduate School of Engineering and the Department of Chemical Engineering of Northeastern University. Participants are encouraged to stay for dinner together in Boston on Saturday evening (not provided).
There are still spaces available to speak, but please register below or at http://31neukinetics.eventbrite.com/ as soon as possible.
You can now download the Meeting Schedule!
Here are some of the talks we can look forward to:
- “Ring polymer molecular dynamics: Quantum effects in chemical dynamics from classical trajectories in an extended phase space” Yury Suleymanov (Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
- “Effects of contaminants on the photolysis of organic pollutants in water and ice” Tara F. Kahan (Dept. of Chemistry, Syracuse University)
- “Structure and Bonding of Metal Cation-Methane Complexes from IR Spectroscopy” Abdulkadir Kocak, Zach Sallese, Jame Tilley, Ricardo Metz (Dept. of Chemistry, UMass Amherst)
- “A Study of Combustion Modeling Using the Rate-Controlled Constrained-Equilibrium Method” Fatemeh Hadi, Mohammad Janbozorgi, Reza Sheikhi, Hameed Metghalchi (Dept. of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Northeastern University).
- “Automating Transition State Searches for Reaction Mechanism Generation” Pierre L. Bhoorasingh, Richard H. West (Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Northeastern University).
- “The role of geometries in quantum calculations for kinetics” Jorge Aguilera Iparraguirre (Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
- “A Double-Diaphragm Shock Tube for Ignition Studies of Non-Premixed Supersonic Hydrocarbon Jets” John D. Mertens, C. T. Firsching, (Dept. of Engineering, Trinity College, Hartford, CT)
- “The Study of The Vinyl + Ethene Reaction Using a Novel Apparatus” Joshua E. Middaugh, Mickael N. Matrat, AnGayle K. Vasiliou, William H. Green (Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
- “Kinetic Modeling of Syngas Production From Bio-Oil Gasification” Fariba Seyedzadeh, Richard H. West (Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Northeastern University).
To change your registration details or for more information about the day, please contact Professor West at telephone 617-373-5163 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download the Meeting Announcement and share with anyone you think may be interested!