We are pleased to offer this unique scholarship opportunity to teachers and administrators employed by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) who are committed to transforming education in urban areas.
The $10,000 scholarship represents a half-tuition scholarship for the Master of Education degree program.
For complete curriculum and tuition information, please download the Master of Education Information Sheet.
- 1. Applicants must work in a public school within a large urban area.
- 2. Scholarship applicants must complete an application for admission to a master’s program that is directly related to furthering their work within the elementary or secondary public school system.
- One of the required references for your program application must be provided by your principal and must discuss your commitment to urban education, as well as provide examples of your work as an exemplary educator and your future as an educational leader.
- This recommendation will also be used in the scholarship review.
- 3. Applicants must write a 400- to 500-word essay responding to the following prompt: “The School of Education at Northeastern is committed to providing quality educational opportunities to those who otherwise might not have them. Please describe how your work supports our mission and how your contributions are making an impact in the field.”
All scholarship applications are reviewed by a committee and there is no guarantee of an award.
- 1. Applicants who are working as educators in a public school at the elementary or secondary level within a large urban area are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- 2. Complete your program application. The degree must directly relate to furthering your work within an elementary or secondary public school system.
- One of the required references for your application must be provided by your principal and must discuss your commitment to urban education and provide examples of your work as an exemplary educator and your future as an educational leader.
- 3. Submit the completed MacFarland Scholarship application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4. Selected recipients of this scholarship will receive information regarding their award via email.
Please be sure to include “MacFarland Scholarship Application” in the subject line when emailing your application.
|Winter 2016||January 11, 2016||December 14, 2015|
|Spring 2016||April 11, 2016||March 7, 2016|
Scholarship Awarding Process:
Scholarship application reviews occur after each deadline for students who have been admitted to an academic program, have completed a scholarship application, and have submitted required documents.
Award letters are published after the deadline. Selected recipients will receive a formal letter via email of the award granted.