Master of Sports Leadership
This practice-oriented master’s degree was developed for mid-career athletic administrators and coaches, as well as other individuals seeking to prepare for careers in the sports industry.
Developed by the College of Professional Studies, in collaboration with Northeastern University’s Center for the Study of Sport in Society, the Master of Sports Leadership prepares you for a career in the sports industry—whether it’s working with a professional or intercollegiate sports team, in marketing, communication, or sports management, or even in a fitness or health club. The curriculum offers courses that examine the social and business issues that are critical to sports leadership.
- Identify leadership styles and strengths and take steps to improve leadership capacity
- Examine the scheduling, planning, and financial issues associated with running a strong athletics program
- Learn approaches and techniques for effectively tackling ethical dilemmas
- Understand what it takes to create highly effective teams
- Explore the legal issues related to facility management, equipment use, and accommodation for special populations
- Observe how others have leveraged sports for greater social and economic good
- Discover how to use sports to improve the health of local and global communities
Request More Information
By submitting the form, you will receive information from Northeastern University with details about our degree programs and certificates by email or receive a phone call from one of our enrollment coaches. You can unsubscribe at any time.