Education and Outreach Activities
Core Leader: Professor Mansoor M. Amiji
The Education and Outreach Activities (EOA) has been established within the Center in order to facilitate development of interdisciplinary graduate education and training programs for the post-doctoral associated and graduate students affiliated with the Center. In addition, the EOA will be a focal point for all of the outreach activities of the Center.
- Nanomedicine-Specific Graduate Courses
- Leverage in-class and online course offering infrastructure developed by the NSF-IGERT program at NEU.
- Graduate Internships
- Leverage Northeastern’s existing strengths in developing internship opportunities for graduate students in local pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries as well as clinical research centers within the Boston area.
- Trainee Exchange Program
- Provide a mechanism for short-term exchange of graduate students, post-docs, and clinical fellows through the CCNE-affiliated laboratories.
- Nanomedicine Seminar Series
- Invited high caliber scientists , engineers, and clinicians to give seminars on campus and provide a platform for exchange of ideas.
- Outreach Activities
- Northeastern has a strong tradition of partnerships with local-area high schools for STEM outreach (e.g., YSP, RET, etc).
- Short Courses in “Cancer Nanotechnology”
- Introduction to Nanomedical Technology
- Nanosystems Design for Biomedical Applications
- Nanosystems at Biological Interfaces
- Scientific Skills, Ethics, and Business
- Biomedical Technology Entrepreneurship