Northeastern Center for Translation Cancer Nanomedicine (CTCN)
This is an internal funding opportunity for established Northeastern University faculty.
Center for Translational Cancer Nanomedicine (CTCN) at the Northeastern University is soliciting proposals for pilot projects in cancer nanomedicine.
Proposed topic of 2013 one year Pilot project will be:
“Stimuli-sensitive systems for siRNA delivery into tumors “.
Established investigators (Applicants must have a current employment position at Northeastern University or at CTCN Affiliated Institution). All applications, regardless of relationship, will undergo the same level of scrutiny before being identified as an appropriate Pilot Project.
- Proposals will be evaluated by the CTCN Executive Committee.
- Pilot project investigators will be obligated to attend and present their work at NU-CCNE meetings and annual site visits.
- Support of up to $60,771 direct costs per year for Northeastern University or $94,499 total costs per year (direct costs plus F&A) for CTCN Affiliated Institutions may be requested for graduate student support, postdoctoral fellows or technicians, and supplies. Applicants may have the option to re-apply for a second year of support.
- Applications should not exceed five pages, using Arial 11 point font and 1/2 inch margins and should contain the following sections:
- Nanotechnology Innovation (1- 2 sentences)
- Specific Aims
- Background with preliminary studies (3 pages with figures)
- Experimental Design
- Budget for 12 month
- Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file to: Marina Sheynina (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application Deadline: November 22, 2013
Anticipated Project Start Date: January 6, 2014