Northeastern Center for Translation Cancer Nanomedicine (CTCN)
This is an internal funding opportunity for established Northeastern University faculty.
Center for Translational Cancer Nanomedicine (CTCN) at the Northeastern University is soliciting proposals for pilot projects in cancer nanomedicine.
Proposed topic of 2012 Pilot project will be:
“Combination therapy involving the use of siRNA”.
Established investigators (Applicants must have a current employment position at Northeastern University or at CTCN Affiliated Institution). All applications, regardless of relationship, will undergo the same level of scrutiny before being identified as an appropriate Pilot Project.
- Proposals will be evaluated by the CTCN Executive Committee.
- Pilot project investigators will be obligated to attend and present their work at NU-CCNE meetings and annual site visits.
- Support of up to $64,997 direct costs per year for Northeastern or $101,070 per year total costs (direct costs plus F&A) may be requested for graduate student support, postdoctoral fellows or technicians, and supplies. Applicants may have the option to re-apply for a second year of support.
- Applications should not exceed five pages, using Arial 11 point font and 1/2 inch margins and should contain the following sections:
- Nanotechnology Innovation (1- 2 sentences)
- Specific Aims
- Background with preliminary studies (3 pages with figures)
- Experimental Design
- Budget for 12 month
- NIH Biosketches
- Applications should be submitted as a single PDF file to: Marina Sheynina (email@example.com)
Application Deadline: December 1, 2012
Anticipated Project Start Date: February 1, 2013