Financial Aid and Awards
Tuition and fees may be obtained on the Student Financial Services website. They are subject to revision by the University's President and the Board of Trustees.
To help students with their educational expenses, Northeastern administers two forms of graduate financial aid:
- Fellowships and assistantships are awarded to full-time degree candidates through the Graduate School, at the recommendation of its departments. Please indicate your interest in an assistantship via the "Financial Assistance" section on page 2 of the Graduate School admission application.
- The Graduate Student Financial Services Office oversees federal financial aid and alternative educational loan programs.
The following funding options are available:
- Graduate School Scholarships (GSSs) available through most departments and offering tuition remission.
- Teaching assistantships available in departments offering Ph.D. degree programs and requiring twenty hours of work per week. Offers a stipend, tuition remission and health insurance plan.
- Grant-supported research assistantships available in some departments. Offers a stipend, tuition remission and health insurance plan.
- Graduate students in Professional Master's degree programs may be considered for Dean's Scholarship awards. Students do not directly apply to these awards but are nominated by their programs as part of the admission review process. Nominations are limited to the top applicants. The award is for the duration of the program and provides a 1/3 tuition discount to full-time students or a 1/4 tuition discount to part-time students.