Other Recruiting Options
Participating in Career Fairs and campus activities are great ways to engage Northeastern students and build your brand on campus. Call 617/373-6548 or send an email to speak with a member of the Employer Relations Team and discuss which of the following works best with your recruitment schedule or to share your ideas for other activities.
- Career Fairs increase your visibility on campus while promoting employment opportunities.
- Career Conversations are opportunities to share your insights with students about your industry, organization or career path.
Fall 2011 Schedule: Wednesdays from 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
September 21: Careers in Forensic Science
September 28: Careers in Alternative Energy
October 12: Careers in Arts & Design
October 19: Careers in Social Media
October 26: Careers in Finance
November 2: Careers in Counseling & Therapy
November 9: Careers in International Public Health
November 16: Careers in Gaming
- Career Fair Success Tips is held prior to a Career Fair. It is a way for students to hear first hand from a panel of recruiters on what they can do before, during and after a career fair to ensure a successful event.
Tuesday, October 4th – 6 to 7 p.m.
- Information Sessions are when you talk about your organization and share employment opportunities & career paths available to college graduates.
- Employer in Residence provides you with an office in Career Services on a regular basis to increase your organization’s exposure and interaction with students. Time commitments and types of interaction with students can be tailored to maximize the benefits to students and employers. Dates for Employers in Residence are promoted to the University community.
- Job Search Crash Course is an opportunity for you to offer advice (in quick 20-minute sessions) on anyone of the following topics: cover letters, resumes, interview preparation, salary negotiations and networking. Each employer is partnered with a Career Counselor to facilitate the discussion.
Spring 2012 Date & Time: TBA
- Resumania is a resume-critique event in which you offer students advice during 15-minute prescheduled appointments.
Held in The University Employer Center
Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3-5 pm
- WYN-It: On-Campus Recruiting-When You Need It is when Career Services provides you with an office to speak with students one-on-one about your organization and career opportunities. You can meet with students through prescheduled appointments, on a first come, first serve basis or a combination of both options. WYN-It dates are promoted to the University community.
- Senior Situation is a new event which offers seniors a day of workshops co-hosted by employers and staff members on career-related issues such as resumes, cover letters, interview preparation, etc. You can also speak with students who want to learn more about your organization and current job opportunities by serving as an Employer In Residence for one or more hours during the event.
Spring 2012 Date & Time TBA