A Career Fair is different from a Job Fair. Not all participating companies will have employment opportunities for college students. Career Fairs, however, can play a significant role in your job search. A Career Fair is an opportunity for you to:
- Speak with employers to learn about career paths, as well as full-time, internship, or co-op employment opportunities
- Learn which skills and experiences increase your employment potential and how to better brand yourself to potential employers
- Build a professional network that may enhance your chances of employment
There is no registration fee or pre-registration required for students - just attend!
Northeastern Students: Northeastern ID is required for admission.
6 Career Fair Myths Debunked
Career Fair Myths for Freshman & Sophomores
University Career Services hosts five Career Fairs annually:
- Fall 2013 Career Fair - Thursday, October 3, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.; Cabot Cage
- Startup and Entrepreneurship Fair 2013 - TBD
- Spring 2014 Career Fair - Thursday, February 6, 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.; Cabot Cage
- nuCAUSE Career Expo 2014 - Thursday, March 13, 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.; Cabot Cage
- MERC Education Fair 2014 - TBD (**Please contact Career Services beginning on February 15 to request a MERC student registration packet.**)
To make the most of the Career Fair:
- Review our FAQ sheet
- Attend Career Fair Success Tips
- Check back to review the list of participating organizations to learn which employers are interested in recruiting international students
- International Students should review our step by step guide on how to be successful at the Career Fair
See you at the Career Fair!