Guide to Career Development for Northeastern Faculty and Staff
Career Development Helps
- First- and second-year students who need help changing/choosing a major or finding internships
- Juniors and seniors seeking after-graduation jobs or applying to graduate school and fellowships
- Graduate students seeking internships and after-graduation jobs
- Any student or alumnus/a who needs career-related help
Resume & Cover Letter Reviews
- Daily walk-ins for quick critiques M-F, 1:30-3:30 p.m. in 101 Stearns for undergraduates.
- Graduate students, especially Ph.D. students and international students, should make appointments for resume or curriculum vitae (CV) review.
Please Consider Referring
- A student that is trying to decide which major is best for him/her.
- The student who likes his/her major, but doesn’t know what to do with it.
- A student who wants help figuring out what kind of job is right for him/her.
- Any graduating student who wants to conduct an effective after-graduation job search.
- A student heading to graduate school who wants feedback on personal statements, or who wants to take a FREE practice graduate school test.
How Students Make Appointments
To make an appointment, students should use myNEU and click on the Career Development tab. Click on Career Counselor Appointments and select Career Counseling Advisor from the drop-down menu. Students should schedule an appointment with the first available staff member.
Request a Class or Student Group Presentation
Career Development staff is available to speak to classes, residence halls, and student groups/organizations.
Deadline for Requests
We try to accommodate all speaker requests, but high demand for speakers means that requests must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the desired speaking date.
Requests may be made for Monday-Friday, up until 7:00 p.m.
To submit requests please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few days after your request is submitted you will receive an email confirming that a speaker has been scheduled. Your assigned speaker will contact you to coordinate details of the event.