Use these links to learn more about a wide variety of career path options:
- Career Development Majors Guides
- Vocational Biographies: username: NE Univ; password: RAZDE)
- Riley Guide Career Research Center: Use the A to Z index to find websites related to your field of interest.
- O*NET: This excellent federal government resource includes information on skills, interests, abilities, work activities, and interests associated with over 950 occupations.
- The Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH): Excellent career exploration resource, the Handbook profiles hundreds of occupations; describes what they do, work environments, how to become one, pay, and the job outlook for the 2010-2020 decade.
- Vault Career Insider: Jobs, careers, top employers and education programs are featured along with job search advice, salary information, surveys, employer rankings and ratings.
- America’s Career InfoNet: Review industry profiles; fastest growing fields; and tools and technology required by field. Compare job growth and wage info state by state. Includes military transition information.
- MassCIS: Log in using the city “Boston” and zip code “02115” or any other city/zip code combination. This Commonwealth of Massachusetts website provides a wealth of occupational and educational information.
- Roadtrip Nation: Define your own road in life. Get inspired by watching leaders who share your career interests. Includes video interviews.
- Sloan Career Cornerstone: Great information on STEM, computer science, and healthcare careers. Explore over 185 degree fields. Browse interviews with hundreds of professionals.
CONNECT with people to learn more about careers
- Do Informational Interviews to get the inside story from professionals in your field.
- Use HuskyNation to search for alumni who may be willing to meet with you.
- Use Social Networking sites such as Linkedin and Twitter to connect you to people. Follow Career Development on Twitter and join our Linkedin Group!
- Attend Career Conversations (Wednesdays at noon) and other Career Development events to meet alumni and professionals in a variety of fields.
- Attend Career Fairs to learn about employers and career paths
EXPERIENCE the world of work before you do a co-op